Frequently Asked Question
Following are the procedure for applying for Duplicate of Marklists/Grade Cards/Certificates:
1. Publish and Advertisement in news paper
The details of lost documents should be notified in any news paper. The notiifcation can either be in English or Malayalam. The Notification should contain the details such as name of course, year of study, register number, name of University etc. (For model , please see the attachment ) If the certificate is lost in a foreign country, advertisement should be made in an English daily of that country.
2. After seven days from the date of publication of advertisement (on the 8th day from the date of advertisement), an affidavit duly signed by a First Class Judicial Magistrate should be obtained in a stamp paper worth Rs-100/- If the certificate is lost in a foreign country, the Affidavit attested by the Indian Embassy/ Consulate of that country should be submitted.
3-Application for duplicate mark list should be made in the prescribed form and that of duplicate Degree Certificate should be made in the application for original Degree Certificate with superscription "Application for Duplicate Certificate".
4. Down load the application Form
Click here for Application for Duplicate Degree Certificate
Click here for duplicate Mark List
5. Fee for duplicate Marklist: Rs. 390/- per marklist+ 50 (postal charge)
Degree Certificate :
upto 5 years of passing the exam: Rs.555/- + Rs.50 (postal charges)
upto 10 years of passing the exam : Rs.1105/- + Rs.50 (postal charges)
After 10 years of passing the exam : Rs.2205/- + Rs.50 (postal charges)
The payment can be made using online payment mode/ through Akshaya/ FRIENDS Jana Sevana kendra or at University Challan Counters.
Fee shall be remitted under the following purpose code
1- CRDM01- Duplicate Mark List
2- DUP002- Duplicate Original Degree Certificate
6. Submission of Application :
- News paper with the advertisement (Advertisement portion should be marked in a notable manner).
- Affidavit in original,
- Chalan receipt in original,
- Copies of the lost documents (if available) and
- A copy of the first page of SSLC Book.er marklist.
Duly filled in application along with the enclosures shall be sent by post to the address:- The Controller of Examinations, University of Calicut, Calicut University Post, Malappuram District, Kerala-673 635.
- If the lost documents include more than one document of the same or different courses, only a single advertisement and affidavit is enough. But applications and chalan for different documents (Mark list/ certificate etc) and for different courses should be submitted separately, along with the photocopies of affidavit and news paper advertisement. It should be written on the copy where the originals have been submitted for making the verification process easier.
- If the candidate is able to produce the remnants of mark lists/grade cards/certificates showing Register Number and Folio Number to prove that the damaged one is that issued by the University, along with an affidavit authenticated by a Notary, Such cases which are found genuine, all formalities for issuance of duplicate certificates/mark lists/grade cards except remitting required fee, be exempted on application.
- If the certificate is lost in a foreign country, advertisement should be made in an English daily of that country. Affidavit attested by Indian Embassy/ Consulate of that country should be submitted.
- Duplicate mark list or duplicate certificate will not be handed over to the candidates, but shall be forwarded to the candidate by speed post only.